One of our most popular mobile routers in an all-in-one little package now with LTE-Advanced 4G Support. Thew new LTE-A modem has support for the latest LTE bands being utilized by Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile & Sprint while still providing limited 3G support for legacy networks.
The Basics/How it Works
The mini is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The MK2 accepts sim cards directly into its build in cellular modem (one modem, 2 slots) that is compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint & Verizon. The mini has two sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your coach or travel trailer using the units high powered 802.11b/g/n antenna. You get powerful 2G (long range) wireless connectivity while also getting wired ethernet ports for your most demanding devices like VOIP phones or desktop computer/workstations.
You can also utilize the mini's Wifi-As-Wan functionality (license required) to connect to campground wifi in addition to utilizing the cellular modem.
The units highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of advanced users while being extremely easy to use for the non-tech users as well. The unit accepts 12v inputs (bare wire screw down terminals) or you can use the included AC adapter for 110v installation.
The optional failover/WAN license (see above) enables the WAN port (to support wired cable/DSL connections), the WiFi as WAN feature (to pick up external WiFi networks), and failover. If you do NOT need those features, you do not need the additional license (if you decide you want them in the future, the license can be purchased any time to unlock those features). If you only plan to use the cellular connection, you do not need the optional license!
Differences: (curious what the difference is between the MAX Mini and the MK2? Here is a summary)
- The MAX Mini is 2G wifi only - the MK2 has 2G and 5G wifi for faster local wireless connectivity (does not affect cellular).
- The MAX Mini does not support auto-failover, you need to switch between internet connections manually using the easy to use web interface or iPhone/android app.
- The MAX Mini does not support Wifi-as-WAN or WAN Wired Ethernet connections without a 99.99 license upgrade available below. The MK2 supports these features natively.
- The MAX Mini has a 20db wifi antenna while the MK2 has a 25db for longer range use.
- Internet Connections Supported: 1 Embedded 4G, 1 Wired WAN*, WiFi as WAN* (WAN and WiFi as WAN are only supported if the optional license is purchased)
- Networks Supported for Embedded Modem: 4G LTE (B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B7/2600, B8/900GSM , B12/17 700a, B13/700c, B20/800DD, B25/1900+, B26/850+, B29/700d, B30/2300WCS, B41/TD 2500); WCDMA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ (B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B8/900)
- Certified networks:
- WiFi Standard: 802.11 B, G, & N
- WiFi Range: 150-200' through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as walls and ceilings)
- Ethernet ports: 1 LAN + 1 WAN* (WAN port can be configured as a second LAN if desired; WAN port only enabled if optional license is purchased)
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included, Secure DC terminal Block Included for Mobile 12/24v installations
- Size: 4.1" x 4.3" x 1.2"